The Director of Training provides oversight of the curriculum, instructional processes, training of instructors and all observation and examination processes.
- Specific job responsibilities:
- Curriculum and class offerings: ensures the curriculum being taught is the same as the curriculum approved by the ICF as a part of the submitted ACTP application.
- Instructional process: ensures content is delivered by methods noted in the submitted ACTP application (Live interaction instead of self-study.), and also that all time requirements for classes are met.
- Training of instructors: trains program instructors in alignment with the Train the Trainer program outlined in the submitted ACTP application.
- Examination processes: ensures performance evaluation process is being followed exactly as noted in the submitted ACTP application.
- For programs in the United States and Canada: Directors of Training must hold an ICF Credential at the MCC level.
- For programs outside of the United States and Canada: the Director of Training may either hold: 1) an ICF Credential at the MCC level; or 2) subscribe to the ICF definition of coaching, Code of Ethics and Core Competencies. Directors outside of the United States and Canada who do not hold the MCC credential must commit to attaining the credential within three (3) years from the approval date of the program's ACTP application.